The Sr. Administrative Assistant will require a high degree of project management skills, organization and the ability to prioritize assignments. They will hold a keen awareness of the MD’s major concerns and keep a close association with the MD’s. If you meet the qualifications below, submit your resume to apply today!
- Schedules all conferences, appointments, and meetings
- Arranges national and international travel, hotel reservations, passports, visas, etc.
- Maintains a yearly schedule of commitments made by the MD’s; controls and adjusts the schedules according to physician requests
- Briefs MD daily on appointment schedules, nature of appointments, and provides related backup material
- Maintains a daily log of all incoming calls and visitors to the office
- Assists in developing and maintaining yearly and monthly schedules of clinical activities for the Division, bringing conflicts and changes to the Associate Chief and Director attention
- Types all correspondence, reviews, schedules, slides, manuscripts, tables, and statistical tables
- Reviews all outgoing correspondence of the Associate Chief
- Transmits information provided by the Associate Chief to patients, referring physicians, VNA’s, pharmacies, etc.
- As necessary, provides ready access to Division files on Associate Chief patients in response to calls from referring positions and patients, with the ability to recognize and appropriately triage medical emergencies etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Senior Director, answering phones, calendar management and special projects
- Attend meetings with Administrative Director
- Assist physicians with all secretarial aspects of clinical and administrative work
- Act as the liaison for outside referring physicians, BWH physicians and staff
- Updates EPIC and faxes prescription refill requests with verification of physician; obtains Prior Authorizations from insurance companies as needed.
- Updates CVs in a real time manner as per HMS guidelines.
- Coordinates and mails out all patient correspondence via EPIC, as well as scans outside records into EPIC
- Point person for physician and patient via Patient Gateway.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Chief, Senior Administrative Director and Physicians
- High school diploma required
- 3+ years’ experience as an Admin. Assistant in healthcare
- Outstanding computer and technical skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Careful attention to detail
- Great interpersonal and communication skills