The Project Accountant will be responsible financial administration for a portfolio of the largest and most complex capital projects. The Project Accountant will ensure the timely approval of contracts and requisitions for services, monitor compliance to contract documents and company policies/procedures, and prepare monthly reports for management.
This is a true temp to perm position.
- Provide financial control and administration for a portfolio of the system's largest and most complex renovation and construction projects, with funding in excess of $50 million
- Attend bid openings and/or review construction contracts for reasonableness and compliance to shelf contract, including general conditioned costs, insurance, fee, and collateral assignment of subcontracts
- Ensure contracts are properly executed, change orders and job modifications are properly accounted for, and contract terms are met
- On larger more complex projects maintain scope changes ensuring proper approvals and budget adjustments are made, and funding is in place
- On larger more complex projects, maintain financial component of project dashboard and assist in cash flow analysis for the Treasury Department
- Participates in the review, modification, and assist in communication of policies, procedures and accounting controls, to respective planning offices
- Review, approve, and process contractor requisitions for payment and ensures proper documentation is received from the contractors and subcontractors as required per the contract documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of Project Accounting experience
- Excellent communication and experience working with Project Managers
- Must be detailed oriented and very organized