- This candidate must serve as a Service Excellence ambassador of the laboratory and must please numerous customers including the patient, the patient’s family, nurses, doctors, and laboratory professional Co-workers performing the lab tests.
- Accuracy, reliability, and even cost-effectiveness of Point of Care laboratory tests and Venipuncture are required.
- Assists in performing venipuncture and skin puncture on patients for analysis or other medical purposes.
- Obtains blood samples from patients and may deliver samples to the laboratory.
- Performs clerical duties involving test results and patient charges.
- Provides factual information concerning laboratory tests, according to standard procedure.
Skills and Experience:
- U.S. High School diploma or GED or non-U.S. High School diploma deemed equivalent after evaluation of the diploma by either Center for Educational Documentation (CED) or North American Education Group (NAEG).
- Minimum of 2 years of current phlebotomy experience with both adult and geriatric patients required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and certification for CPR preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills a must. Busy environment with frequent deadlines and interruptions.