Our Professional Services client is looking for an experienced Collections professional to add to their team on a contract to hire basis. This position will be responsible for assisting attorneys in the collection of unpaid accounts receivable and providing them with guidance on effective collection methods. They will work closely with the Senior Billing and Collections Manager to ensure accounts are properly managed and monitored to avoid delinquencies. They will establish ongoing relationships with clients.
- Develop working relationships with assigned billing attorneys to assist attorneys managing their business portfolio
- Prepares and reviews monthly collection reports
- Assists in the collection of delinquent accounts
- Prepares supporting documentation for the collection of delinquent accounts
- At the direction of the Collections Manager, work with billing attorneys to discuss delinquent accounts, place collection calls to clients with overdue receivables and sets up payment plans where necessary, including negotiating balances
- 3-5 years collections experience in a professional services environment. Law firm preferred.
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact with attorneys, staff, and co-workers within the firm as well as with external clients